Speaker: Frank Licht, RDH, MSDH, MAADH
Course Description: This hands-on course will explore the fundamentals of Laser Science as we discuss the value and benefit of laser therapy as an essential element in periodontal treatment. Working with simulation exercises, this workshop is designed to build confidence and gain clinical understanding in the delivery of periodontal treatment protocols in Dental Hygiene. Join us as we take the voyage of discovery through diode laser techniques in this dynamic workshop.
- Learn the benefits of using a diode laser in conjunction with conventional SRP in the reduction of bacteria in periodontal pockets.
- Elevate knowledge of science and evidence behind laser use in dental hygiene therapy.
- Understand the proper settings and safety of laser use.
- Understand the integration of the laser into the dental hygiene appointment.
- Understand how laser therapy can add additional income to your practice.
CE Credit Hours: 2.0
Original Date of Session: 22 June 2019
The American Dental Hygienists' Association is designated as an approved provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHADH (Jan. 1, 2021–Dec. 31, 2021). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.
The American Dental Hygienists’ Association is an approved provider of dental continuing education as recognized by the Dental Board of California, Provider #5238.