Speaker: Paul R. Klaiber, BS
Program Track: Research
Course Description: Dental varnishes have grown in popularity and are routinely used as in-office treatments for hyper-sensitivity and fluoridation. As a result, there are now many varnish products on the market. This lecture will highlight the similarities and differences of popular brands and provide clarity on which varnish makes the most sense for you and your patients. Sponsored by: 3M
- Define the fluoride varnish category of products
- Identify key ingredients in popular fluoride varnish products
- Evaluate the mechanisms of action of commonly used fluoride varnish products
- Explain the differences between a fast releasing varnish and an extended releasing varnish
- Demonstrate how calcium additives may help varnishes be more efficacious
CE Credit Hours: 1.0
Original Date of Session: 26 June 2020
The American Dental Hygienists' Association is designated as an approved provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHADH (Jan. 1, 2021–Dec. 31, 2021). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.
The American Dental Hygienists’ Association is an approved provider of dental continuing education as recognized by the Dental Board of California, Provider #5238.