Course Description: Dental health care workers and their patients are exposed to a wide range of microorganisms in clinical practice settings. Effective infection control strategies are essential for both providers and patients. The evidence-based guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control as well as OSHA and state regulations will be presented in this course as a means for delivering safe dental care. Current recommendations, which take into consideration the SARS-CoV 2 pandemic, will also be included.
Content Expert: Cathy Draper, RDH, MS
This course fulfills the infection control requirement for re-licensure (dental, dental hygiene, dental assisting) in the state of California. For all other states, this is categorized under ADHA’s regular status as a registered CE provider and no additional mandatory course approval is required. However, it is always important to check your individual state’s infection control course requirements to ensure this course meets your state’s guidelines.
- Describe the OSHA, state and local regulations as they apply to dentistry.
- Describe the potential pathogens and the modes of transmission that can result in infections acquired in a dental health care setting.
- Discuss the strategies for preventing disease transmission in the dental health care setting.
- Describe the various strategies for dental health care workers to stay healthy in the workplace.
- For California Licentiates: Discuss the minimum standards for infection control as required by the DBC and DHBC.
CE Credit Hours: 2.0
Course Launch Date: November 29, 2022
The American Dental Hygienists' Association is designated as an approved provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHADH (Jan. 1, 2022–Dec. 31, 2022). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.
The American Dental Hygienists’ Association is an approved provider of dental continuing education as recognized by the Dental Board of California, Provider #5238.
Discounted member price:
You could save: